Sunday, October 21, 2012

So today I finally got Photoshop 6 installed on my laptop. I am so excited I can work on my images at home finally....  here is a preview of what I have been working on : 



Also for a class assignment I am having to redo :( I should get extra credit I am designing three business logo types and lets just say in four hours I was pretty creative though the last one I created was just random funk.   I used some of my photographs for the backgrounds in all the designs and then used three different font styles for my initials. I used my base images as kind of a guide for the custom brushes I created using my initials and created some unique designs. So I have the torch created with the famous fountain at Grant Park in Chicago and then I combined the steel wool to the top of the image for an interesting point on top of the fountain and then I used my custom brush to create what looks like a lit torch. In the second design I took an image of steel wool that I shot did some photoshop work and inverted the image and then tripled the heart two more times for a total of three and then used curves, and then turned the image into the negative and adjusted my curve levels. For my second font I created a new brush for it and then added it to the image and the end result was a cool man design made out of my initials. The third image I used was from a recent trip to Chicago and the backdrop for this logo type design is of the big bean in Chicago. I took a combination of all three crazy custom brushes that I created to create well lets just say interesting.  I've got to still work more in indesign with home work and a lot of reading. I think someone should really create some awesome tutorials for you tube most of the ones on you tube are simplistic but kinda hard to follow due to poor resolution.  I must also say on that note reading the huge book on indesign is fun ...... Not Really.  Special topics is going to be a bit of a challenge she wants me to keep things simple  versus complex. If I am ever told to put my camera on continuous shooting mode to take 300 photos to get a few I think some one has yet to see me work. I prefer to take test shots and dial in and then let the creativity flow and design my images. I admit sometimes having an assistant would be a big plus but at the same time when I do all the work myself I get some of the most interesting shots... In digital illustration two quarters ago I literally had to create most of the shots myself due to cancellations caused by scheduling issues. I found it really rewarding though because with a few suggestions of my teacher on locations I proceeded to make due on my own. I even purchased some multi-led small hoops for props to work on my light painting series.... By the end of the quarter I surpassed my own expectations and instead of producing 15 images  I was able to produce 25. I concentrated mainly on adjusting curves and lightning and selective darkening skills, and also concentrated on the blending modes and layers.  I must say once I got the ball rolling in that class I began to rock it like a rock star.  Well I am going to bed I have a lot of work to do.

Peace,

Tony



                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment