Saturday, October 13, 2012

So yesterday I started collecting data for my special topics class project. I am going to produce 12 compelling images that may tell a story. My concept is pretty sweet and the research I am doing is awesome. I am asking people to give me the first word that pops into their head when they hear the words and they must be in order. The words are Live, Create, Believe, Dream, and Love. The responses have been quite interesting and even some of the responses have come from the darker side. Mediums I will be using will be steel wool, glow sticks, fake blood, wooden words and letters, flowers, candles , matches , lighters, and I will also make  a custom  dark room for some of my shoots in the design stage. One of the reasons I picked these words is because they are powerful and yet have many definitions. Here is the scope of the project I am working on :


The definitions of these words vary depending on who you talk to. The dictionary has the basic definition but how do these words relate to your soul?  Your soul has a far deeper definition of these words and those definitions are waiting to be released. Let go of the boundaries set forth by your brain and listen to your soul it might just change your life.

While researching the words I stumbled on this :  Http://www.bigdreams.com/devine-elements/  the words I am using are linked in the father to son poem to what is called the divine elements.  

“ Dream, Believe, Love, Create;    these are the Devine elements, and what connects innovation with the world within.”   such a powerful quote......

Took some test images with the steel wool and got some interesting results I will post those on this blog tomorrow afternoon.  I have a long day creating my own font and I do not know if I will be as creative as I would like to be for it so I am a little worried about that assignment. I will get it done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment